Smartraveller: The Australian Government's travel advisory and consular assistance service
Latest travel advice updates
- Brunei Darussalam - updated 22 October 2014
- Central African Republic - updated 21 October 2014
- Sri Lanka - updated 17 October 2014
- Saudi Arabia - updated 17 October 2014
- Ethiopia - updated 16 October 2014
- China - updated 16 October 2014
- Pakistan - updated 16 October 2014
Latest travel bulletin updates
Click on a country for its travel advice page. Larger version of this map.
- On 12 September 2014, the Government raised the domestic National Terrorism Public Alert level to High. This represents the assessed threat of terrorist attack within Australia. Heightened security arrangements are in place at Australia's international airports. Consider giving yourself extra time to clear security formalities at airports.
- The Australian Government is considering creating a new offence of entering, or remaining in, a declared area overseas where listed terrorist organisations are engaging in hostile activities without a legitimate purpose.